Wednesday 3 October 2012

In other news...



These pictures were taken quite some time ago, possibly last year, at the Singapore Flyer. I've forgotten what this globe, with its mishmash of recycled objects, represents. It's messy and fascinating. I'd say it's very much like what's in my head currently, a muddled goo of thoughts on deadlines looming ahead, my little project and some other stuff coming up. Messy and fascinating (at least to me).

What I've learned so far from my experience with my project is that it seems that the community of people who are interested in organic food and eco living is still pretty small in Singapore. I know so far that most of my readers are from the US, UK and other parts of Europe. I guess I haven't reached out to the local ones yet. Still, I do believe that this number is set to grow. 

We can only wait and see. 

In other news, last weekend was really lovely. A very social one by my usual standards though! Come to think of it, it all started last week with a round of seafood with friends, a great lead-up to the packed weekend recently with friends on Friday and Saturday. Then, on Sunday, I went to a housewarming for an ex-colleague and a rowdy mid-Autumn mooncakes-and-lanterns family thing. Wouldn't say that I enjoyed myself much on Sunday, but Friday and Saturday meet-ups were good times. And such a needed break from the desk. Hmm, I think I should call it a lovely month instead! 

It's true what they say; friendship, like wine, does get better with age. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts...