Monday 28 January 2013

Back to normalcy. Almost.

I'm glad to say that I made it to yoga yesterday after three weeks. I miss the hot room, and I know the longer I am away from it, the worse my first class back will be. And I was right. I went to sleep with a pounding migraine, which did not go away after popping two Panadols. And I woke up the next morning with the migraine still pounding away. So I spent the morning lolling around.

Finally got up to get a mug of water, and considered another round of Panadols, but then I stopped myself. Decided to take a packet of Emergen-C and, hey, I could feel it literally going away, as if someone turned down the knob slowly to reduce the intensity. Then I had coffee and it finally stopped.

I kept forgetting how caffeine alleviates migraine.

Anyway.....it's good to be back on the mat. After the class yesterday night, I could have slept at 9pm if I'd wanted to, but instead I spent a few hours reading.

Water-Jet Floss: Handy little thing

As for the braces, I still can't bite with my front teeth, but nevertheless, it's great to eat normal people food again. 

I've also been on the hunt for a Water Pik for the past two months. A Water Pik is a water flosser, and it's supposedly gentler on the gums and great for cleaning orthodontic brackets. I've been reading about it a lot online, so I thought I'd give it a try. 

First I looked at Amazon and the main Water Pik site, and discovered that the prices of the products here are two to three times those in the US. And then, I kept coming across how the Water Pik breaks down just after a few months after use. And that the older models last really long (I actually saw someone comment on Amazon that his lasted 20 years. How about that?). So I considered buying one here in Singapore, just for the warranty. 

Well, in hindsight, I know now why I kept postponing buying any. During one night of endless googling again two weeks ago, I came across this one. It was $42ish, and it's delivered by mail. No electricity or battery needed, just plug it into the tap. 

Note that it takes a while to get the hang of it. Expect water to spray everywhere the first few times you use it. But after that, it's pretty nifty. Flossing around the molar bands is impossible for me, and this helps until my next appointment when I can ask my ortho about it. So yay. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts...